This is a quick and easy recipe to add to your repertoire that you can use for lots of things. Yogurt parfaits, (I like it with vanilla yogurt and blackberries,) ice cream sundae topping, cereal, or simply place it in a glass jar and give as a beautiful and tasty gift. For an added touch, include a copy of the recipe tied to the jar.
2 cups Chopped pecans
3 cups Oats
½ cup Coconut flakes
¼ cup + 2 TBSP Brown sugar
¼ cup + 2 TBSP Honey
¼ cup Oil
½ tsp Salt
1 cup Dried fruit optional
1. Place chopped nuts, oats, flakes, and brown sugar in a bowl and mix together.
2. Whisk honey and oil together.
3. Mix wet and dry until well combined. Use your hands to mix thoroughly, making sure all the oats and nuts are covered with the liquid.
4. Bake at 400 stirring every 15 minutes, being careful not to break up clusters. Do this for about 35-50 minutes (time varies based on your oven).
5. Remove from oven and cool. At this point you can add the optional dried fruit. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.